All My Sons
All My Sons by Arthur Miller
To honour the centenary of Arthur Miller's birth, Rapture Theatre, with support from Creative Scotland, will produce, in association with The Beacon in Greenock, an Arthur Miller “Season”. This will consist of two classic Miller plays: All My Sons and The Last Yankee.
Set just after the Second World War in the backyard of Joe and Kate Keller, this gripping and passionate drama ranks as one of the classics of our time. The Kellers try to keep alive the memory of their son Larry, who disappeared in the war, by the planting of a tree in his honour. But Larry’s disappearance is not the only part of the family’s past that they can’t put behind them. Not everybody has forgotten the court case that put Joe’s partner in jail or the cracked engine heads Joe’s factory produced, which caused the deaths of twenty-one pilots.
Following a stormy night when Larry’s tree is blown down, the Kellers are threatened by a series of events that could destroy the very foundations of their lives.
With all the tension of a taut thriller, All My Sons is a powerful drama that crackles with emotion and excitement! See the first classic play, from one of the finest playwrights of the twentieth century, in a great production by Scotland’s leading touring theatre.
Direction: Michael Emans Design: Neil Murray Lighting Design: Sergey Jakovsky Sound Design: Craig Johnstone
MEET THE CAST
Watch the latest video for All My Sons and meet the cast and director as they talk about the play and begin the rehearsal process.
Rapture Theatre is delighted to announce a stellar cast for its explosive new production of the Arthur Miller classic All My Sons.
Trudie Goodwin, famed for her starring roles on The Bill and Emmerdale will play Kate Keller. Joining Trudie, as Joe Keller, is critically acclaimed actor Paul Shelley (RSC, National Theatre). Robbie Jack, playing Chris, completes the Keller family. Robbie is one of Scotland’s leading young performers with roles such as Writer/Sergeant in Black Watch as well as having regular appearances in the hit Scottish series Gary:Tank Commander.
Completing the cast will be West End actress Bryony Afferson (On the Waterfront), award-winning Scottish actor Michael Moreland (Gagarin Way), alongside David Tarkenter, Pauline Turner, Steven Scott-Fitzgerald and Lyn McAndrew.
Paul Shelley Trudie Goodwin Robbie Jack
Michael Moreland Bryony Afferson
David Tarkenter Lyn McAndrew Steven Scott-Fitzgerald Pauline Turner
Catch All My Sons at the following theatres:
1st - 5th September @ Theatre Royal Glasgow (Mat. Thu & Sat)
7th - 9th September @ Eden Court, Inverness
10th -12th September @ Adam Smith Theatre, Kirkcaldy
17th -18th September @ MacRobert Arts Centre, Stirling
21st - 26th September @ Kings Theatre Edinburgh (Mat. Wed & Sat)
- Education Resource for Schools (2435 Downloads)
- Steven Scott Fitzgerald as Frank Lubey Steven Scott Fitzgerald as Frank Lubey
- Paul Shelley as Joe & Wesley Wilson as Bert Paul Shelley as Joe & Wesley Wilson as Bert
- Lyn McAndrew as Sue Bayliss Lyn McAndrew as Sue Bayliss
- Pauline Turner as Lydia Pauline Turner as Lydia
- Frank & Kate Frank & Kate
- David Tarkenter as Jim Bayliss David Tarkenter as Jim Bayliss
- Trudie Goodwin & Bryony Afferson Trudie Goodwin & Bryony Afferson
- The Keller's Yard The Keller's Yard
- Joe, Kate & Ann Joe, Kate & Ann
- Gregor Selkirk as a young Larry Gregor Selkirk as a young Larry
- Robbie Jack as Chris Robbie Jack as Chris
- Bryony Afferson as Ann Bryony Afferson as Ann
- Michael Moreland as George Michael Moreland as George
- Chris & Ann Chris & Ann